Seeking Teacher Assistants for Data Matters: Data Science Short Course Series
The Odum Institute is seeking graduate students to serve as teaching assistants for “Data Matters: Data Science Short Course Series” (August 13-17, 2018). This event will be held at Hunt Library at NC State in Raleigh. TAs would need to be available from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for five consecutive days.
Some TA duties:
- Introduce instructor
- Help locate tech support staff if the instructor is having AV issues
- Help students with in-class exercises
Note: TAs will need to have experience with R for the R-based courses. Stipends will be $500/week.
Please see the course list below:
- Introduction to R for Data Science (with J. Duggins)
- Introduction to R for Data Science (with J. Post)
- Introduction to Effective Information Visualization
- Advanced Statistical Modeling and Computing Using R
- Introduction to Python
- Programming in R (with J. Duggins)
- Programming in R (with J. Post)
- Text Analysis in R
- Dynamic/Interactive Visualization
- Network Analysis for Data Scientists
- Working with Messy Data
- Introduction to Data Mining and Machine Learning (with A. Krishnamurthy
- Introduction to Data Mining and Machine Learning (with R. Vatsavai)
- Visualization for Data Science in R
- Intermediate Programming in R
If you are interested please contact Paul Mihas (Paul_Mihas@unc.edu) or Bill Shi (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Odum Institute.