Job Opening: Qualitative Research Analyst
Organization: UNC School of Medicine
Position: Qualitative research analyst
Date of employment: February 2022-May 2022 (12 weeks)
Average hours/week: 2.5
Background: We are conducting a qualitative study to evaluate how primary care physicians manage patients at risk for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD). We hope to learn how physicians conceptualize ASCVD risk, how they approach patient counseling on ASCVD risk, how they evaluate and interpret environmental and genetic risk factors for ASCVD (particularly risk related to race and sex), and how they identify patients at high risk of ASCVD. We are hiring qualitative research analysts to assist with conducting semi-structured interviews and coding. The position is very flexible with all work done from home.
- Conduct semi-structured interviews using Zoom
- Attend twice-monthly one-hour virtual meetings held February through May.
- Conduct qualitative analyses of interview transcripts using qualitative software (reimbursed at 3 hours per one-hour of transcription).
- Interest in health equity
- Experience in qualitative work, specifically prior experience conducting interviews and analyzing qualitative data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Graduate student (Master’s degree or PhD) in public health, social sciences, nursing or related degree
- A computer with Zoom capabilities
- Ability to conduct interviews in a private room within your home.
Please send your resume/CV (with documentation of your prior qualitative experience) to email@example.com.