Graduate Student Job Opening: DEIR Interns
- Department: H W Odum Inst Res Social Sci-631300
- Career Area: Administrative/Clerical Support
- Posting Open Date: 04/27/2022
- Application Deadline: 05/13/2022
- Working Title: DEIR Intern
- Full Time/Part Time: Part Time Temporary
- Hours per week: 20
- The University is currently piloting a flexible work arrangements program, and this position may be eligible to participate in the program based on the hiring unit’s business needs.
- Position Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US
- Hourly rate: $20/hour
- Proposed Start Date: 05/30/2022 (flexible)
The DEIR Interns will provide essential support to the Planning Team for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Research Certificate Program. Examples of the types of support they will provide include:
- Sending emails as directed to program participants and partners.
- Tracking course participation via the University registration system and Google sheets.
- Creating events in the registration system and Outlook calendars.
- Monitoring online forums and email accounts as needed.
- Proofreading communications materials and presentations.
Must be a currently enrolled UNC-Chapel Hill graduate student with enrollment continuing at least through Fall 2022.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Strong computer skills, advanced in Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook (email and calendaring), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to organize, prioritize, triage and otherwise manage work flows in a fast-paced office setting.
- Ability to manage multiple assigned projects, often under tight deadlines (adaptability and dependability).
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, effectively, appropriately, and diplomatically with a wide range of constituent contacts. Strong listening skills required.
- Attention to details.
- Approachable and professional demeanor.
Email a cover letter and resume to Leah Massey by Friday, May 13.
- Department Contact Name and Title: Leah Massey, DEIR Program Manager
- Department Contact Telephone or Email: email@example.com
Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.