Graduate Student Job Opening: Transcriptionist
The Odum Institute is seeking one new transcriptionist to join our research data transcription service.
The new transcriptionist will work with our lead transcriptionist to support ongoing audio transcription projects. They will be responsible for transcribing audio recordings of focus groups and interviews submitted by researchers, accounting for client preferences in formatting, and proofreading transcripts. They will also be required to complete CITI training to familiarize themselves with IRB and sensitive data protocols prior to beginning any transcription projects.
The University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Must be a currently enrolled UNC-Chapel Hill graduate student
- 2 years of audio transcription experience (personal or professional)
- Experience with medical transcription and sensitive data
- Experience with closed captioning and subtitle writing
Time used for training will be paid. Ideal candidates will be skilled typists who have prior experience transcribing audio files. These positions are remote, but will require installing the proper software setup to ensure secure data transfer. All software will be provided by the Odum Institute. Hours are flexible.
Based on current projects, we anticipate an average of 20 working hours a week for these positions. However, week-to-week workload and hours will depend on project availability.
- Pay rate: This position will pay $20/working hour
- Starting date: We hope to start these positions by August 30, 2022.