- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Daily Life Methods: Daily Diary and Experience-Sampling Methods (Online)
November 10, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day course will be offered via Zoom. Attendance is required as the course will not be recorded.
Daily life methods are a family of methods used to study what people do in their ordinary environments in their everyday lives through collecting data at least once a day for several days. Two common forms of daily life methods, daily diaries and experience sampling methods, will be emphasized in this course. In this course, the instructor will cover four topics:
1) What are daily life methods?;
2) What questions are best suited for daily life methods?;
3) How do I collect data using daily life methods?; and
4) How do I process and present data from daily life research?
This course will be interactive and present opportunities for attendees to start thinking about how to apply daily life methods to their own programs of research.
Instructor: Katherine Cotter
Katherine Cotter, Ph.D., is a researcher with the Humanities and Human Flourishing Project in the Positive Psychology Center at the University of Pennsylvania. Her research has focused on people’s interactions with music and visual art, with an emphasis on assessing interactions in people’s typical, everyday environments. In her work, Katherine often uses daily life methods, which assess people’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors as they occur in their everyday environments. Katherine earned her Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- UNC-CH Students: $0, with a $20 deposit to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
- UNC-CH Faculty/Staff/Postdoc/Residents/Visiting Scholars: $45
- Non UNC-CH: $85
Additional course information:
- Registration closes at 12:01am, November 8, 2022. Once registration closes, no late registrations will be accepted, no exceptions.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
- Zoom link for this course will be sent prior to the course. Registration must be made at least 3 days prior to the course date to receive the Zoom link.
For questions regarding this class, please contact Jill Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org