- This event has passed.
Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling (Online)
September 22 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This is a one day course. Structural equation modeling (SEM) is a general statistical method that can be employed to test theoretically derived models. In this introductory short course, we cover the fundamental concepts and skills to conduct SEM using R/lavaan and Mplus. Specifically, we will use real data with a step-by-step implementation in R/lavaan and mplus:
- To conduct confirmatory factor analysis (CFA) to evaluate measurement validity,
- to conduct structural equation modeling with latent variables to test/confirm a theoretically derived model, and
- to understand statistical indices measuring goodness-of-fit of a model.
Professor Din Chen is the Wallace H. Kuralt Distinguished Professor at the School of Social Work and a professor in biostatistics, Department of Biostatistics, Gillings School of Global Public Health. He has been teaching a graduate-level SEM class at the School of Social Work since 2015. Professor Chen is an elected fellow of the American Statistical Association, an elected member of the International Statistical Institute and a fellow of the Society of Social Work and Research. He has written more than 200 refereed publications and has co-authored/co-edited 33 books on statistics and biostatistics.
- $20 deposit required to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
Additional course information:
- This class will be offered via Zoom ONLY. Registration closes at 12:01am, September 19, 2021. Once registration closes, no late registrations will be accepted, no exceptions.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
- Zoom link for this course will be sent prior to the course. Registration must be made at least 3 days prior to the course date to receive the Zoom link.
For questions regarding the status of this class, please contact Jill Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org