- This event has passed.
Introduction to ATLAS.ti Part 1 (online)
September 19 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This 2-hour course will be offered online only. Attendance is required as the course will not be recorded.
This short course will demonstrate the capabilities of the PC version of ATLAS.ti (version 23), a qualitative analysis software program for coding and interpreting qualitative data. ATLAS.ti also provides numerous options for attaching memos and comments to text segments, documents, and codes. We will demonstrate how to import textual data, create and apply codes, write memos, create diagrams, and examine the hierarchical and relational connections among codes. We will also discuss special analysis features, such as the code co-occurrence matrix, the codes-variables table, and Sankey diagrams.
Instructor: Paul Mihas
Paul Mihas is the Assistant Director of Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research at the Odum Institute for Research in Social Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is the former managing editor of Social Forces, a journal of sociology published at the University of North Carolina Press.
He has partnered with ResearchTalk Inc. since 2001 as a senior qualitative analysis consultant and has lectured on qualitative methods, software, and strategies for analysis at several universities, including the University of Puerto Rico and Howard University. Since 2013, he has taught at the Global School in Empirical Research Methods at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. He has also served as faculty at the annual Qualitative Research Summer Intensive and as a mentor at ResearchTalk’s Qualitative Data Analysis Camps.
Mihas is a co-author with Ray Maietta on Sort and Sift, Think and Shift (forthcoming, Routledge). His interests include mixed methods and incorporating memo writing in analysis; his current research focuses on cancer survivors and identities of survivorship.
- UNC Chapel Hill Students: $0, with a $25 deposit to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
- UNC Chapel Hill Faculty/Staff/Postdoc/Resident/Visiting Scholars: $50
- Non-UNC Chapel Hill University Student/Employee (must have active university email): $75
- Government/Non-Profit/Corporate: $100
Additional course information:
- Registration will close at 12:01am 9/16/2023. No late registrations will be accepted.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
- Zoom link will be sent prior to course.
For questions regarding this class, please contact Jill Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org