Introduction to Qualtrics (HYBRID)
September 6 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This course will be offered HYBRID. You will have the option of registering and attending either IN-PERSON or ONLINE. It will not be recorded as there are in-class activities. This is a 4 hour course.
Qualtrics is a powerful browser-based web-survey tool. It is available to all UNC Chapel Hill faculty, staff, and students, for UNC-related projects. Qualtrics allows users to build complex surveys, distribute them, and analyze the responses all from one place. In this course, we will cover basic Qualtrics functions including creating some of the most common question types, programming display and skip logic, an introduction to “survey flow”, distributing surveys with an anonymous link vs survey mailer, creating and uploading contact lists, project collaboration and creating groups, adding content to Libraries, and downloading data.
This is an introductory course and will not cover use of the online analysis tools within Qualtrics. Please note, this is a hands-on course and will be hybrid. All participants are required to create a Qualtrics account before the course and should bring their laptop to the course. UNC faculty, staff and students may create their free Qualtrics account here to access full features: www.qualtrics.unc.edu. Non-UNC affiliated participants can create a free trial account here: https://www.qualtrics.com/
This course will count as 4.0 CSS short course credit hours.
Instructor: Michelle Temple
Michelle Temple is the consultant & programmer for UNC’s online survey tool, Qualtrics, providing services to students, staff, and faculty building and distributing surveys for their research. Additionally, she is the Brand Administrator for Qualtrics, coordinating license changes, feature additions/removals, and handling administrative tasks for uses across campus.
With over 6 years of experience with Qualtrics, Michelle has worked with the Odum Institute in varying capacities since 2003. She is a UNC alum receiving her B.A. in Sociology. While working toward her degree, she was hired as a telephone interviewer at the Odum Institute and was later promoted to call center manager before accepting a full-time role as Program Administrator, Project Manager, and Consultant. During her time at Odum, she was involved in the initial creation of the administrative infrastructure and managed operational aspects of the Certificate Program in Survey Methodology (currently known as the Certificate in Survey Science). As a project manager, she applied social science research methods to manage data collection projects including telephone, mail, in-person, web surveys, and focus groups. Additionally, she has offered consultation services for questionnaire design, question writing, and Qualtrics programming.
Currently, Michelle is focusing her time supporting Qualtrics-related needs across campus and is available to provide consultation and support with technical software questions, and programming services.
For more information about drop-in consultation hours and appointments, go here: https://odum.unc.edu/survey-research/#survey4
Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/templemichelle/
- UNC Chapel Hill Students (including current Certificate of Survey Science program students): $0, with a $25 deposit to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
- UNC Chapel Hill Faculty/Staff/Postdoc/Resident/Visiting Scholars: $50
- Non-UNC Chapel Hill University Student/Employee (must have active .edu email): $75
- Government/Non-Profit/Corporate: $100
Additional course information:
- Registration will open 7/6/23 and close at 12:01am 9/3/2023. No late registrations will be accepted.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
- Zoom link for those attending online will be sent prior to the course. Registration must be made at least 3 days prior to the course date to receive the Zoom link.