- This event has passed.
Making an Impact with Data Visualization (Online)
October 7, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Collecting data is now easier than it has ever been. But, as data becomes more prolific, datasets become larger and more complex. How do we find meaningful patterns in our data? How can we communicate those patterns to others? Data visualization allows us to make sense of today’s ever evolving information landscape.
This workshop will introduce the history and basic principles of data visualization. Learn about best practices and resources for making an impact with your data through compelling charts, graphs, and maps. At the end of the short course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the preattentive process and how it affects visual perception
- Critically evaluate the accuracy and quality of visualizations they encounter in their daily lives
- Implement best practices when creating their own visualizations
Instructor: Lorin Bruckner
Additional course information:
- This series will be offered via Zoom ONLY. Registration closes 24 hours before the start of the workshop.
- Zoom link for this course will be sent prior to the course. Registration must be made at least 1 day prior to the course date to receive the Zoom link.