- This event has passed.
October 7, 2019 @ 11:00 am - October 10, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
This is a four-part course. RESCHEDULED TO October 7 – 10, 2019 – New times: 11am – 1pm!!
SAS part 1 of 4 will give an introduction to the SAS system and SAS windows. Topics to be covered include:
- creating and saving SAS programs
- reading in data from simple and complex text data sets
- typing variables
- obtaining frequencies, contents, and univariate statistics
SAS 2/4 will cover:
- formatting variable venues
- creating SAS libraries for storing and retrieving SAS data sets and format files
- reading raw data from external files
- creating new SAS data sets from existing SAS data sets, subsetting by observation and by variable
SAS 3/4 will cover:
- how to create new SAS data sets combining information from multiple existing SAS data sets
- how to sort, concatenate, interleave, and merge data sets
- how to perform the t-test, and test for no association in a contingency table
For SAS 4/4, attendants will be allowed to suggest topics. Past topics include variable retyping, creating SAS datasets from SAS output; creating html and Microsoft Word tables, ANOVA, importing and exporting Excel files.
No registration required. UNC students, faculty, and staff will need their PID.
Instructor: Chris Wiesen
- This class normally fills so be sure to arrive before the class start time. There are only 21 seats with computers, but a limited number of those who have laptops with SAS loaded will be allowed to sit in.
- Students should bring a flash-drive to class.