- This event has passed.
Issues Surrounding Missing Data (In-Person)
March 10, 2022 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
This one day course will be offered IN-PERSON in Davis Library Room 219. No virtual option will be offered.
In this course we will discuss methods commonly used to deal with missing data. Assumptions, assets and disadvantages associated with each method will be covered. Included topics will be:
- Case-wise deletion
- Listwise deletion
- Mean imputation
- Hot deck
- Single value maximum likelihood
- Multiple value maximum likelihood
- Fully conditional specification
- Data with complex sampling designs
Instructor: Chris Wiesen
Dr. Wiesen is a Senior Statistical Research Consultant at the Odum Institute for Research in Social Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC). He offers consulting services to graduate students and faculty in the UNC system. He also teaches short courses on various software packages including SAS and Stata and topics on quantitative analysis and Introduction to Survey Computing. Before the Odum Institute, he worked for a year at the National Institute of Statistical Sciences, for two years visiting Duke University, and three years at the Research Triangle Institute (now Research Triangle International).
He is an expert in methods widely used in social and health sciences. Dr. Wiesen has extensive experience in statistical methods widely used in a variety of social science, public health and medical research areas. His project experience has focused on selecting, developing and implementing optimal analysis methods for academic and non-academic research among a variety of fields as diverse as psychology, sociology, medicine, public health, linguistics, education and geography.
- UNC-CH Students: $0, with a $20 deposit to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
- UNC-CH Faculty/Staff/Postdoc: $40
- Non UNC-CH: $40
Additional course information:
- Registration will open 1/10/22 and close at 12:01am 3/7/2022. No late registrations will be accepted.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
For questions regarding the status of this class, please contact Jill Stevens at email@example.com