231B Davis Library
Dr. Todd BenDor is the Director of the Odum Institute. He is also the Distinguished Professor of Sustainable Community Design in the Department of City and Regional Planning and the UNC Institute for the Environment. Dr. BenDor’s research and teaching focus on improving our understanding of the impacts that human activities and development can have on sensitive ecological and environmental systems.
His research uses qualitative, statistical, and simulation modeling methods to improve:
- 1) implementation of environmental markets, such as those used domestically to improve water quality and protect and restore wetlands
- 2) our understanding of the environmental impacts of urban growth and change
- 3) policies aimed at urban resilience, including floodplain buyouts and flood insurance
- 4) how we approach and engage in environmental conflict resolution.
Todd is available to provide consulting and support in the following areas:
- Scholarly writing and publishing
- System dynamics modeling and systems thinking
- Agent-based modeling