- This event has passed.
Text Analysis Using R (Online)
September 17 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course will be offered via Zoom only and will not be recorded. This is a one day course.
This course explains how to clean and analyze textual data using R, including both raw and structured texts. It will cover multiple hands-on approaches to getting data into R and applying analytical methods to it, with a focus on techniques from the fields of text mining and Natural Language Processing.
Instructor: Alison Blaine
Alison Blaine is a Data Visualization Specialist, currently working at Red Hat, who loves the challenge of bringing data stories to life visually. Prior to her current role, she worked at NC State University and in the health insurance industry, where she specialized in consulting and teaching in the areas of data visualization and statistical computing. Alison has a special place in her heart for R and finds it to be a highly useful and versatile tool for working with data.
- UNC-CH Students: $0, with a $25 deposit to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
- UNC-CH Faculty/Staff/Postdoc: $40
- Non-UNC-CH: $40
Additional course information:
- This class will be offered via Zoom ONLY. Registration closes at 12:01am, September 14, 2021. Once registration closes, no late registrations will be accepted, no exceptions.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
- Zoom link for this course will be sent prior to the course. Registration must be made at least 3 days prior to the course date to receive the Zoom link.
For questions regarding the status of this class, please contact Jill Stevens at email@example.com