Time Series Analysis (Online)
October 4 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course will be offered via Zoom only. Attendance is required as the course will not be recorded.
This one-day online course will provide a basic introduction to time series analysis and its applications in social science research. We will cover time series regression and exploratory data analysis, ARIMA models, model identification/estimation, intervention analysis and other models used for causal inference. This course will use examples and hands-on labs in STATA.
Participants should have a thorough understanding of regression analysis and some familiarity with STATA. This course will be presented through Zoom. Please be sure to have a reliable internet connection for this course.
Instructor: Emily Wager
Emily Wager is a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Houston. She earned her PhD in political science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She researches topics related to macro politics, race and inequality.
- UNC-CH Students: $0, with a $25 deposit to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
- UNC-CH Faculty/Staff/Postdoc: $50
- Non-UNC-CH: $100
Additional course information:
- This class will be offered via Zoom ONLY. Registration closes at 12:01am, October 1, 2021. Once registration closes, no late registrations will be accepted, no exceptions.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
- Participants MUST register at least 3 days prior in order to receive the meeting ID and link for this course (this will be sent to registrants by the instructor once registration closes).
For questions regarding the status of this class, please contact Jill Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org