Introduction to Python (Online)
February 18, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
An event every 2 days that begins at 1:00 pm, repeating until February 18, 2022
This two day (2/16/2022 and 2/18/2022) course will be offered via Zoom. Attendance is required as the course will not be recorded.
This course aims to offer an introduction to Python with a focus on data and data analytics. It will introduce basic Python programming logic, approaches to create, store, and interact with data, the building of data applications, and use of the Pandas library. With the skills learned here, you will be able to work with data in a Python environment and have the foundation to continue your education and further develop your skills. Therefore, this course is aimed at beginners and those looking to refresh their knowledge. Please reach out to Jonathan Schlosser at JSchloss@unc.edu if you have any questions!
Instructor: Jonathan Schlosser
Jonathan is a data scientist and computational social scientist whose current work is focused on fringe beliefs, conspiracy theories, and disinformation online and how they affect public political and social discourse. He is methodologically driven and works in the realms of natural language processing, machine learning, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, text analytics, and data visualization, utilizing both Python and R. Jonathan has a wide breadth of experience and frequently teaches data science and data analytics. For more information, please feel free to reach out via email or to check out his website at www.JonathanSchlosser.com
- UNC-CH Students: $0, with a $20 deposit to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
- UNC-CH Faculty/Staff/Postdoc: $40
- Non UNC-CH: $40
Additional course information:
- Registration will open 12/16/2021 and close at 12:01am 2/13/2022. No late registrations will be accepted.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
- Zoom link for this course will be sent prior to the course. Registration must be made at least 3 days prior to the course date to receive the Zoom link.
For questions regarding the status of this class, please contact Jill Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org