- This event has passed.
Introduction to Qualtrics (Online)
February 5 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This course will be offered ONLINE. It will not be recorded as there are in-class activities. This is a 4 hour course.
Qualtrics is a powerful browser-based web-survey tool. It is available to UNC Chapel Hill faculty, staff, and students, for UNC-related projects. Qualtrics allows users to build complex surveys, distribute them, and analyze the responses all from one place.
In this course, we will cover basic Qualtrics functions beginning with an overview of survey options and settings, followed by hands-on practice programming and distributing a survey and downloading results for analysis. We will program some of the most common question and response types, customize requirements and validation, and add display logic, skip logic, and basic branch logic in the “survey flow”. We will then create and upload a contact list and discuss advantages and disadvantages of distributing the survey with an anonymous link vs. the survey mailer. Finally, we will cover a basic overview of the Data & Analysis tab for viewing, editing, and exporting raw data into various formats including .csv, .tsv, .excel, and .spss. Other topics include project sharing/ collaboration, Groups and Libraries, loop and merge, and preventing fraudulent responses and bot activity.
This is an introductory course and will not cover the online analysis tools within Qualtrics. Please note, this is a hands-on, online course. All participants are required to create a Qualtrics account before the course. UNC faculty, staff and students may create their free Qualtrics account here to access full features: http://qualtrics.unc.edu. Non-UNC affiliated participants can create a free trial account here: https://www.qualtrics.com/
This course will count as 4.0 CSS short course credit hours.
Instructor: Michelle Temple
With over 5 years of experience with Qualtrics, Michelle has worked with the Odum Institute in varying capacities since 2003. She is a UNC alum receiving her B.A. in Sociology. While working toward her degree, she was hired as a telephone interviewer at the Odum Institute and was later promoted to call center manager before accepting a full-time role as Program Administrator, Project Manager, and Consultant. During her time at Odum, she was involved in the initial creation of the administrative infrastructure and managed operational aspects of the Certificate Program in Survey Methodology (currently known as the Certificate in Survey Science). As a project manager, she applied social science research methods to manage data collection projects including telephone, mail, in-person, web surveys, and focus groups. Additionally, she has offered consultation services for questionnaire design, question writing, and Qualtrics programming.
Currently, Michelle is focusing her time supporting Qualtrics-related needs across campus and is available to provide consultation and support with technical software questions, and programming services.
- UNC Chapel Hill Students (including current Certificate of Survey Science program students): $0, with a $25 deposit to hold your spot (deposit is refundable upon your attendance for at least 66% of the course)
- UNC Chapel Hill Faculty/Staff/Postdoc/Resident/Visiting Scholars: $50
- Non-UNC Chapel Hill University Student/Employee (must have active university email): $75
- Government/Non-Profit/Corporate: $100
Additional course information:
- Registration will close at 12:01am 2/2/2024. No late registrations will be accepted.
- Cancellation/ Refund Policy: A full refund will be given to those who cancel their registration no later than 10 days prior to the course. If you cancel within the 10 days prior to the class, no refund will be given. Please allow 30 days to receive your refund.
- Zoom link will be sent prior to the course. Registration must be made at least 3 days prior to the course date to receive the Zoom link.
For questions regarding this class, please contact Jill Stevens at email@example.com